Wednesday, July 20

60 in 6 : Food Plan

So the majority of questions I’ve had so far are related to my Food plan for this Journey.
I am going to try and avoid using the work DIET, because I am not cutting down any food intake, quantity wise. I am just filtering it correctly to eliminate the bad stuff! I won’t be starving myself – no fear of that!!
All the credit for my Food plan inspiration goes to GNS fitness – a program I took part in for 4 months in 2015 (before I moved to Canada).

Breakfast:
Eggs – scrambled/hardboiled
Porridge – gluten-free oats & cinnamon for flavour

Snacks:
Nuts; pistachios, almonds, cashews, brazil nuts (raw, unsalted, non-roasted)
Green Apple /Pear sliced with Almond butter
Handful of berries
Protein shake on water.

Lunch:
(9 times out of 10 this will be leftovers from dinner the night before. Takes the thinking out of at least one meal – make a healthy dinner and have enough for a healthy lunch the following day)
Chicken with stirfry veg – olive oil/coconut oil
Turkey with steamed veg
Salad and protein (chicken or turkey)
Lean ground beef with Veggies

(in all cases veggies are 95% green veggies; broccoli, peas, asparagus etc. Also allowed: Onions, and peppers.)

Dinner:
As I said above most of my lunches will be the same as the dinner from the night before.

The Routine:
-          AM workout 30mins
-          Breakfast,
-          Mid-Morning snack,
-          Lunch,
-          Afternoon Snack,
-          PM workout 30mins
-          Dinner,
-          Evening Snack

Also Recommended:
-          Multivitamin in the mornings
-          Lots of Water and Green/Herbal teas

NOTE: This list isn’t exhaustive, it's just a brief snapshot of the food plan. There’s so many options and variations. Lots of meal prep required and so far, it’s been quite fun trying out the recipes.  I’ll share some here as I go along.

For anyone still in Ireland, I highly recommend checking out GNS: http://gnsfitness.ie/

LMC

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment