Monday, October 6

Let's Face Facts!!

You can buy countless handbags all shapes and prices, you can get your hair re-styled and coloured as many times as you like - but your face... your skin... you only get the one.

The lesson I have learned since working in the Spa is the importance of investing in quality Skincare products. Price doesn't matter so long as it is worth it. 

It led me to compare my most recent quality products with the other creams and potions I have tried and tested.

Let's start at the very beginning...

~CLEANSER~

  • ESPA's Pro-cleanser;








Recently launched and a serious WOW product.
This wondeful product has a gentle exfoliant, a delightful scent and if you leave it on for 15mins creates a mask for the skin. 
It's my new fave!!! 

Here's the pincher - it's €36 - so although it may be a saver scheme, it's so worth it and your skin will thank you!


  • Neutrogena Visibly Clear daily scrub;



















This was a favourite of mine pre-ProCleanser,

It's a far more affordable product, available at Boots, and under €10.
The scrub is suitable for daily use, but is alot more abrasive. You really feel brand new after using this product, although it can leave your skin feeling a little tight if you have tendencies towards dryness or sensitivity. 


~FOUNDATIONS~
  • Chanel VitaLumiere Aqua














I absolutely love this Foundation. I don't like to wear alot of makeup - I prefer the natural look, especially for daily-wear. This foundation is lightweight, pliable and skin-perfecting! Matched with the loose Chanel powder, it provides a flawless finish and natural look. 
Available from Boots and House of Fraser for in and around €34. I tend to get 4-6 months from each bottle and therefore I think despite it's steep price, it is worth every penny!


  • Rimmel London 25 hour Lasting Finish













I was stuck in a rut and picked this up for €8.99 in Boots the other night. This foundation, while conveniently available in a wide selection of skin tones, is heavy, thick and uncomfortable to wear. Despite wearing powder over it, it was sticky all day every time I touched my face. This isn't even worth the €8,99 I paid for it, as it now sits collecting dust in my makeup basket. I used to wear Rimmel foundation all the time, but since using Chanel, it's hard to beat the comfortable light weight texture of Vitalumiere Aqua.

  • Benefit Non-fiction foundation;













This was the first foundation I ever used. My mam handed half a bottle down to me and I loved it. It had fantastic coverage, easy to apply and lasted well. It was a thicker foundation (hence the amazing coverage comment) but not as sticky and uncomfortable to apply or wear as the Rimmel. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available anymore - being out-shined by Hello Flawless and YouRebel. 


~Eye Make-Up Remover~
Eye make-up remover is an important must-have for every girl in my opinion - or at least any girl who wants to keep those crows-feet away. No matter normal/dry skin, oily or combination - the skin around the eyes is entirely oil free. It is highly susceptible to dryness and so should be treated differently from the rest of your face. 
Wearing mascara, eye liner, eye brow pencil, eye shadow and liquid eye liner all contribute to congestion in your eye area, and can be harsh on your poor lids. 
The following are three products I have used to cleanse my eyes and here are my reviews;

  • No,7  Beautiful Skin Eye Make-up Remover










You know those free coupons you get in Boots for €7.50 off No.7??? Well I used mine to buy this product every time. Ringing it at only €7.00 it was my first eye cleanser. It had a greasy texture which meant you didn't need to rub too hard on your eyes. It leaves oily residue on the lids which soothes the skin after the cleanse.
I have used better products though.

  • ESPA Bio-Active Eye Cleanser

















Now THIS is a product!!! You know the greasy texture I mentioned in the No 7 review? Well.... it shouldn't feel greasy, It should feel gentle and smooth. This product has it down to a tea. The ESPA brand products are always guaranteed 99-100% natural and often have an aromatherapy element to them. This sensitive product is gentle, effective and soothing on the eyes. The only complaint I have for this product would be the change of bottle it is sold in. They used to sell it in this small round bottle (above).., now it is sold in a tall thin bottle and for me and many other accident prone people it is a smash-hazard. Otherwise, it is a favourite of mine and well worth the €29,50 I pay for it. 


Last but not least (No 7 is least)...

  • L'Oreal Micellar Gel Eye Cleanser


















This is a great 'get you by til pay day' product. Only €4, it is available at Boots and as part of the Skin Perfection line of L'Oreal Paris it isn't half bad. It's more gentle on the eyes that the No 7 and doesn't leave any residue. It takes slightly longer to remove makeup but can be very hydrating and cooling on the eyelids.

Well that's all from me! Get in touch if you have any experiences good or bad with the above products or if you have any other products you couldn't do without please feel free to comment below.

As always, 

LMC

xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment