Saturday, March 3

Childhood memories!!

Driving up to Bettystown today and I spotted a sign for 'Mosney' ....fizzle fizzle fizzle FLASHBACK! ... Emma aged 6 "we're Going to Bosnia on holidays" Eeeek!

I used to love childhood holidays! They were such an excitement: I remember my mam would get the airline tickets in the post and we'd sit on the bottom of the stairs and open them up, getting more and more giddy with impatience and excitement!

The car trips had to be the best: cramped into the back, 'Bagsy not in the middle' 'I've longer legs' ... You know yourself!

The games we would play included counting cars, I spy and green light go! But the main echo was "maaaaaam are we there yet??"

Beach trips were always fun times: my dad diving into the sea, quick swim and out again! Happy as Larry!

We had to have our bucket and spade, a little watering can and some sand moulds! Not forgetting the windbreaker that we pegged into the ground (and often treated as a toilet cubicle) and of course the delicious picnic with plastic plates and forks and the tankard of tea!

The best thing of all for me, are the pictures we still have of us all on the beach ..... Freezing our asses off! Good ole Ireland!

LMC
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment