Monday, June 27

My Lappertoppy had a Heart Transplant!



So last week my laptop charger tried to electrocute me and the battery on my laptop gave up the ghost! Admittedly it had been used and abused over nearly 3 years, so it was bound to happen, but I was devastated and lost without it. Being laptop-less left me thinking about how dependant I am on it...

Things that have become Obsolete (to me) since having a Laptop:
  • Looking up a phone number in that big dusty phone book
  • checking cinema times by picking up a leaflet when you pass the cinema/using teletext
  • hand written invitations
  • using a paper wall calendar to plan my life... i still have TWO but they just hang there looking pretty
  • Watching TV shows on the actual TV, and renting movies!
Maybe everyone else hasn't succumbed to the laziness and convenience of a laptop, but they are just a few things that I went to do and thought.... oh no! I can't ... no laptop!

Things that I did while internet-less:
  • Old school blogging... yep with a pen and paper... I'm directly copying it right now...
  • instead of watching movies in bed i played electronic sudoku... i know... IM LAME!
  • cleaned..... ALOT
  • revived my Xtravision account and shocked the staff with my abuse of their weekly deals!
  • Banking... where you actually get off your arse and walk to the building.... and I had only just got the hang of internet banking... TYPICAL!
  • Figured things out ALL BY MYSELF... *proud gush* Usually if i think of a quote, or have a song stuck in my head, or need a super quick answer, ever faithful and dependable Google is right there for me, but without my laptop, I just had to struggle on... working things out by myself.... and I DID IT! Thinking for yourself... what an old fashioned idea.. *awkward laugh* totally not that funny!
Things my laptop will NEVER be able to do:
while i would be the first person to say that technology is far better than .... not technology :P ... there are some things Robots will never be able to do :
  • clean my room like I do
(but that could be cos I'm like OCD about it)

It is now June 27th and as promised by Amazon.co.uk (a site I am now IN LOVE WITH)... my shiny new battery and charger arrived... a perfect fit... (I nearly jumped the postman) and I AM BACK PEOPLE!!! :D

Probably the best and worst week of my life.... but it opened my eyes to alot of things....

Catching up Quickly,
LMC
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment